Monday, March 14, 2011

Ode To A Lost Jacket

You might work at Panera if... Lost and found items are to be worn as costumes during down time.

-x-

You may think that as a Panera cashier I'm just a cute face and two hand-fulls of fingers for button pushing. But no, I am also a poet.

Observe my handiwork, written in writer's panic on receipt paper after Moira deposited a poor lost jacket into the abandoned items drawer. As a certain llama with a hat would say, "I will not apologize for art."



Ode To A Lost Jacket

Oh little boy jacket,
From whence did you come?
A little boy left you to dine all alone.

The food has been eaten, 
And just drinks are left,
Is he out somewhere missing you, cold and bereft? 

Little boy, I hope you come back to us to get your jacket. 

~Pixie

No comments:

Post a Comment